Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Wk1 Publishing/Leadership Project Post 1 of 3


Wk1 Publishing/Leadership project part 1 of 2: Project Selection and Where

My Action Research project involved examining the literature to see if High School student’s motivation to learn mathematics is increased through the integration of technology and corporate sponsorship.  In conducting my Action Research project around these aspects, I was able to confirm the validity of the research that stated that a student’s motivation to learn is increased through the integration of technology and corporate sponsorship.  It was also noted that there are benefits for corporations as well.  

Action Research results integrating technology and corporate sponsorship

Given these results, I have been thinking of the best way to get this message out to the groups that can help institutionalize this practice.  Given the choice of publishing an article or giving a presentation at a conference, I feel that a presentation at a national conference would have the biggest impact.  As with technology, the more hands on and visual a message or concept is delivered, the greater the impact to the receiver or the learner.  Articles are good but from my experience searching scholarly databases it can be a tedious and time consuming adventure and you may not find just the perfect article you are looking for depending on search criteria.  I receive professional journals and never seem to find the time to read all the articles so unfortunately they sit for long periods of time and some never get opened.  I would prefer that my message hit 1000 people at one time who are gathered at a meeting with dedicated time to devote to the topic of their interest.  This also gives me the opportunity to discuss my work face to face with people who are interested and may be able to help me spread the need.  Networking is so valuable in getting things done. 

At this time I am thinking of targeting two to three different audiences:  (1) educational institutions (K-12 and undergraduate), (2) corporations, and (3) National Legislation.  The third being premature at this time but the ultimate goal with more data and studies performed which may be accomplished through partnerships with target audiences one and two. As I believe that my initial study can be expanded and improved to demonstrate the reasons why the US needs to offer benefits to corporations who sponsor schools if we are to be the world leader in technology solutions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment